With so many exterior sign options to choose from, it can be hard to tell the differences between them. There’s no need to feel overwhelmed, though, as your trusted sign experts are here to help! Today, the team at Sign Central will share some of the key characteristics of two of our most popular exterior signage options: monument signs and pylon signs.
These signs are easily confused because they share similar features, but they are quite different overall. Here is a guide to help you tell the difference between the two, so you can decide which one is right for you.
Monument Signs vs. Pylon Signs
Both signage options serve a shared purpose: to advertise your brand, help people locate your business, and drive traffic to your business. But here’s how they’re different.
Characteristics of Monument Signs
Monument signs are one of the most durable, long-lasting exterior sign options. Monument signs are customizable, cost-effective, and provide a touch of elegance and sophistication to any commercial property. Some of the common features of monument signs include:
- Freestanding sign at eye level; typically no taller than five feet.
- Fabricated from materials such as bricks, aluminum, sign foam, and masonry materials like stones.
- Can be installed in a garden or can combine unique aesthetics like a water feature.
- Can be outfitted with a lightbox, LED lights, LED readerboards, and other illumination.
- Combine metal lettering, channel letters, and other with graphics and sophisticated base.
Characteristics of Pylon Signs
Pylon signs are basically giant and taller monument signs that combine a strong, stout display face with poles to elevate the sign up high into the air. What’s more, pylon signs typically feature several business brands and displays on one large sign, making them ideal for multi-tenant buildings and centers. Here are some of the key features of pylon signs:
- Towering pole sign that takes businesses to new heights.
- Generally constructed of stone, metal brick, or aluminum base.
- Stand-alone sign or multi-tenant sign.
- Typically feature custom lightboxes.
- Can be fabricated in different sizes and shapes.
Start A Custom Sign Project
Now that you know the difference between monument signs and pylon signs, all you have to do is decide which one will be best for your business! If you still can’t decide, don’t hesitate to call us! Our friendly and knowledgeable signs experts can help guide you in finding an ideal exterior sign that fits your needs. Contact Sign Central, your Top Rated Local® Aurora sign company, to start your next custom sign project!